- "One of the most explosive weapons featured in Crysis 2. Whether you're looking to set up an ambush, performing strategic rebound shots or just blasting your way through the crowd, the L-TAG is a weapon to be feared and respected!"
- —In-game description
Amim-Selbach Defense Corporation
5 (15 in multiplayer)
60mm smart grenade
Developed by the well-known Amim-Selbach Defense Corporation, it fires a variety of 60mm large-caliber smart grenades, and has seen limited use as a tactical weapon with Special Forces.
Urban combat environments are the classic domain for indirect fire such as mortars and grenade launchers. The L-TAG provides increased capabilities by giving operators even more control over when and how a grenade should detonate. With the L-TAG, players can bounce grenades around corners or deploy minefields with relative ease.
The extra technology contained within each smart grenade comes at a price however, increasing overall projectile weight and complexity while limiting the amount of explosive and propellant. This results in a reduced effective range compared to other systems. As a safety precaution and for increased tactical use, L-TAG grenades include a proximity sensor that can differentiate between friend and foe.
There are no available attachments for the L-TAG.
Rate of fire: 3
- The L-TAG is the only weapon that can hold not one, but two rounds "in the chamber."
- While using the L-TAG in single player against C.E.L.L. units, they can be heard screaming "MGL!" This could have been the original name for the L-TAG in the game.
- In spite of the "Airburst" function advertised in the name, this function was cut from the game at the last minute.
- The L-TAG was inspired by the real life XM25 Airbust.
|Weapons in Crysis 2|
|Sidearms||M12 Nova • Hammer • AY69 • Majestic|
|Sub-Machine Guns||Feline • K-Volt|
|Assault Rifles||SCAR • Grendel • SCARAB|
|Sniper Rifles||DSG-1 • Gauss Rifle • SCARE|
|Shotguns||Jackal • Marshall|
|Heavy||MK60 Mod 0 • L-TAG • X-43 MIKE • HMG|
|Explosives||M17 Frag Grenade • M34 Flash Bang • JAW • C4 • Swarmer|
|Sidearm attachments||Flashlight • Laser Pointer • Silencer • Extended Clip|
|Assault weapon attachments||Silencer • Extended Clip • Light Shotgun • Grenade Launcher • Gauss Attachment • Holographic Decoy • Assault Scope • Flashlight • Reflex Sight • Laser Pointer|
|Other attachments||Sniper Scope|
|Weapons in Crysis 3|
|Secondary||M12 Nova • Hammer II • AY69 • Majestic-Six|
|Sub-Machine Guns||Feline X3 • Typhoon • K-Volt|
|Assault Rifles||SCAR Mod 2 • Grendel • SCARAB Mod 2 • FY71M • Takedown|
|Sniper Rifles||DSG-1 • Predator Bow • Gauss Sabot Gun|
|Shotguns||Alpha Jackal • Marshall|
|Heavy||MK60 Mod 0 • L-TAG • O.G.R. • X-43 MIKE|
|Explosives||M17 Frag Grenade • M19 EMP Grenade • M34 Flash Bang • JAW • REX Charge • Swarmer|
|Support||Bolt Sniper • Incinerator • Pinch Rifle • Reaper Cannon • X-PAC|
|Melee||Knife • Fists|
|Barrel attachments||Iron Sights • Match Barrel • Muzzle Brake • Suppressor|
|Scope||Assault Scope • Laser Sight • Reflex Sight • Sniper Scope • Tech Scope|
|Under Barrel attachments||Extended Clip • Foregrip • Gauss attachment • Grenade Launcher • Holographic Decoy • Mini Typhoon|
|Skin||Standard • CELL|