- "Prepare to witness a shift in power!"
- —General Kyong
| Contact |
Nomad then makes his way closer to the cave complex, battling numerous KPA soldiers along the way. Once inside the cave complex, Nomad is knocked unconscious by KPA nanosuit soldiers and captured by General Kyong. Nomad awakes in Kyong's military base along with Helena Rosenthal.
Helena and another hostage scientist then open the alien structure, releasing a wave of alien energy that kills the nanosuit guards and recharges Nomad's nanosuit. Nomad and Kyong then face off, with Nomad being the ultimate victor.
After killing Kyong, Nomad escorts Helena Rosenthal to an elevator, which should exit the mine. However, the elevator gets stuck and only Helena can be extracted when the VTOL pilot brings the VTOL very low, deep into the mine cavern. Nomad is then left behind and stays inside of the elevater until it crashes down.
- This is the first level to feature any Aliens outside of cutscenes.
- The Scouts in the Mine can be killed.
- This is the only level of Crysis in which allied NPCs have the possibility of fighting KPA Nanosuit soldiers.
- In the console version of Crysis, the slightly bizarre scripted sequence of a helicopter crashing on top of the US troops does not happen, there are no Ascending Frogs in the cave, and at the start of the Kyong battle Nomad is thrown the entire length of the room by the blast rather than starting directly in front of Kyong.